- In School
- From the Principal
- From the Nurse
- Classroom Websites
- Runkle Technology
- Student Resources
- Student Links
- Teacher Links
- School Council
- After School
PTO Meeting Minutes PDF
February 7, 2012
8:05 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
In attendance: Vanessa Beauchaine (principal), Sandy Costello, Emily Dolbear, Jayne Bennett Friedberg, Val Godhwani, Shalini Kasida, Vicki Klein, Rosemary McElroy, Jemelle O’Neill, Elvira Perez, Jen Reed, Alison Reeves
- Renovation Report
- Renovation is more than 50% complete. Drywall is going up. The windows are in. The lights are in.
- SMART Board installers were on site. All 27 classes will have an installed SMART Board.
- Dr. B. will be meeting with furniture representatives. Each class has 24 desks and chairs and there will be some small group tables.
- Related upcoming meetings: Runkle School Building Committee meets 2/17, 8 am, at Town Hall, Room 103; Building Commission meets 2/14, 7 pm; Zoning Board of Appeals meets 3/1.
- School Needs Survey
- The plan is to send the survey to Runkle families (via e-mail) by after February vacation.
Annual Fund Update, by Val Godhwani
- Numbers: The PTO Annual Fund has reached 45% participation and agout $43,000. We need 51 more families to reach participation goal of 60%.
- Plan for going forward: Put a marked box out at Bingo Night for people who find it hard to get to school; Send personalized Constant Contact reminders; Send postcards.
PTO Events Recap/Update
- Book Swap recap from Emily Dolbear: All went smoothly. More than 1,600 books were swapped after school in the cafeteria. The remaining books were donated to: Mrs. Guzzi’s book drive for schools in East London, South Africa; a BEEP outreach program; a BHS book give-away; and a Runkle student collecting books for a pediatric center program called Reach Out and Read.
- Bingo Night, 2/10, 5:30-7:30 pm update from Shalini Kasida. We need 8-10 more volunteers.
- Open Forum with Superintendent William H. Lupini at Runkle, 3/13, 8:15 am: Please attend. This is our annual meeting at Runkle with our Superintendent of Schools.
- Math & Science Night, 3/30 update from Rosemary McElroy: We are on track.
Tagged with: meeting minutes
Early Dismissal K-812:00 pm
No School:Thanksgiving Vacation
No School:Thanksgiving Vacation
Tweets from RunkleRunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: 8th Grade Graduates say goodbye to all their teachers @RunkleSchool #traditions #tears #wewillmissyouall https://t.co/dsJ…RunkleSchool RT @joboaler: I love this math online game, it combines math, creativity, conceptual thinking & exploration. Try it for yourself! https://t…RunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: Runkle Student-Inspired Pride Parade #yourrunkle #allrwelcome #runkleproud @RunkleSchool https://t.co/mqo33J9CWERunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: Field Day @RunkleSchool was a huge success! Thanks to Student Council!#sadgoodbyes https://t.co/dEzs3sJdU2
- (https://runklepto NULL.org)
RUNKLE NEWS SIGNUP
Order Runkle Gear!Runkle School Webstore (http://www NULL.amerasport NULL.com/RUNKLE-SCHOOL/departments/1754/)
Tweets from TeachersTweets from https://twitter.com/runkletech/lists/runkle-school (https://twitter NULL.com/runkletech/lists/runkle-school)