- In School
- From the Principal
- From the Nurse
- Classroom Websites
- Runkle Technology
- Student Resources
- Student Links
- Teacher Links
- School Council
- After School
PTO Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2011
8:05 a.m.–9:30 a.m.
In attendance: Vanessa Beauchaine (principal), Marian Voros (teacher), Sandra Costello, Emily Dolbear, Jayne Bennett Friedberg, Amy Hummel, Shalini Kasida, Kate Leness, Jemelle O’Neill, Elvira Perez, Tami Petler, Jen Reed, Alison Reeves, Olga Valentine
Introductions and Expectations
- All present introduced themselves. Regular attendance is expected for all board members.
- Dr. Beauchaine plans on having informational sessions during the year on the following: curriculum changes, the building project (which is well under way), and the transition plan for the move into the renovated building for school year 2012-2013 (parent volunteers will be needed for a transition team). A School Needs survey will be sent out later in the year. Developmental Designs, a social curriculum similar to Responsive Classroom, is being phased into the 6th to 8th grades.
Room Parent Coordinator Update
- Potluck dinner’s hosts are set except for 1st and 3rd grade.
- Room parents will be invited to get-togethers in clusters (K-2, 3-5, 6-8) to meet each other, clarify their roles, and find out more about the PTO. Marian Voros said room parents were helpful in setting parent email lists and following up on classroom and schoolwide events. The room parent role varies and depends on each teacher.
Upcoming Events Update
- Back to School Picnic, September 20: It was decided that the PTO would provide box dinners for teachers at this event, and an email with details will be sent to teachers.
- Car Free Day, October 5: Jennifer Meader will be organizing this event. The Green Team includes Jenn M. and Shari Becker.
- Halloween Night, October 21: This popular event will be organized this year by Tami P., Gabriella Salvatore, and Jen R. Eighth graders and parent volunteers are needed.
- Astronomy Night: Date TBD, probably mid November. The event, organized by Mini Kolluri and Eugene Shih, will be similar to last year’s Astronomy Night but for specific grades because of space constraints at the Clay Center.
PTO Open House
- All parents are invited. PTO Board members will attend to speak about their events and activities.
Runkle News Update
- The Runkle News has two new editors this year: Alison R., Shalini K., and Amy B. Please send any submissions to the Runkle News (firstname.lastname@example.org (runklenews null@null brookline NULL.k12 NULL.ma NULL.us)) by Wednesday. Shalini K. and Alison R. will update the bulletin boards in the cafeteria.
- The PTO is looking for help with the Performing Arts at Runkle (PAAR) program.
PTO Chairs Update
- Teacher stipend distribution has begun. The staff has been informed about the fall grant cycle and teacher project funds. The deadline for applications for the fall grant cycle will be mid October. All staff may submit applications.
- Scheduled Coffees: The Enrichment and Challenge Support (ECS) presentation will be October 11, organized by Runkle ECS representatives Susanna Stern and Trish Blais. Physical Education teacher Ms. Schultz will be speaking on October 27. Other possible topics include world languages and band/orchestra/chorus.
- Alison R. announced that the Brookline Teen Center will hold an Open House on October 30, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in its future space. The organization plans to open in 2012, for the 7th to 12th graders in Brookline. Alison R. and Scott Murphy are working as liaisons.
- There were 22 new families; 15 participated in our Welcome Wagon activities. Thanks to Elvira Perez and Karla Schallies for organizing the activities and to the grade captains and hosts.
—Submitted by PTO Co-Chairs Sandy Costello and Emily Dolbear; notes taken by Elvira Perez, September 13, 2011
Early Dismissal K-812:00 pm
No School:Thanksgiving Vacation
No School:Thanksgiving Vacation
Tweets from RunkleRunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: 8th Grade Graduates say goodbye to all their teachers @RunkleSchool #traditions #tears #wewillmissyouall https://t.co/dsJ…RunkleSchool RT @joboaler: I love this math online game, it combines math, creativity, conceptual thinking & exploration. Try it for yourself! https://t…RunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: Runkle Student-Inspired Pride Parade #yourrunkle #allrwelcome #runkleproud @RunkleSchool https://t.co/mqo33J9CWERunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: Field Day @RunkleSchool was a huge success! Thanks to Student Council!#sadgoodbyes https://t.co/dEzs3sJdU2
- (https://runklepto NULL.org)
RUNKLE NEWS SIGNUP
Order Runkle Gear!Runkle School Webstore (http://www NULL.amerasport NULL.com/RUNKLE-SCHOOL/departments/1754/)
Tweets from TeachersTweets from https://twitter.com/runkletech/lists/runkle-school (https://twitter NULL.com/runkletech/lists/runkle-school)