- In School
- From the Principal
- From the Nurse
- Classroom Websites
- Runkle Technology
- Student Resources
- Student Links
- Teacher Links
- School Council
- After School
School Council Minutes
Town Hall 4th Floor Conference Room
Members Present: V. Beauchaine, T. Gallo-Toth, D. Halwick, A. Hummel, J. Katz, R. Kemp, R. McElroy, G. Sopel, S. Stern, J. Stoddard
Members Absent: B. Chang, K. Myerson, J. Shapiro
Meeting called to order at 4:05 p.m.
I. Review of Minutes
Minutes of prior meeting discussed and amended in the following ways:
Updates: add the following sentence:
Most recent budget proposal includes funding for the ECS position as to continue with the same FTE 2010-2011 school year.
Discussion of minutes protocols. It was agreed that moving forward the Council would have the following features in the minutes of each meeting:
• Members Absent, in addition to Members Present
• “Respectfully submitted” with minute-taker’s name.
Minutes with amendments approved by Council.
II. Public Comment
No one stepped forward.
III. Open Meeting Law Discussion
- The Council discussed Open Meeting Law Complaint filed on 3/30/11.
- Dr. Beauchaine explained that the Council had already addressed several of the complaints, namely the Vice Principal’s role on Council, and the scheduling of elections.
- Dr. Beauchaine will be sending a list of dates of minutes we already have online to all council members. Any meeting minutes that council members have will be sent to V. and scanned and posted online.
- Dr. Beauchaine will look into training requirements and opportunities for council members.
- Second bullet: vp serving w/o being elected, January elections
- 3/22 language was revised on elections,
- It was agreed to revisit the motions from the 3/3 school council meeting
- Dr. Beauchaine will address the individual complainant’s concerns with the Attorney General’s office as stated in the Open Meeting Laws Complaint Procedures
IV. School Improvement Plan Review
For the 2011-2012 SIP, Dr. Beauchaine highlighted six overriding goals:
* Literacy goal
* Math goal
* High Achievement
* Educational equity
* Safety & wellness
Discussion of Runkle Goals headlining each page of SIP
- Council went through Runkle’s different programs as listed on 2010-2011 SIP and placed them on goal sheets for each of the six 2011-2012 goals.
Other items brought up for possible inclusion in 2011-2012 SIP:
- Concern for performance in 7-8 mathematics
- Concern for parent involvement
- Desire for ECS goal – consult again w/ Ms. Mercer
- Literacy analogs to math extensions
- World Language program evaluation/effectiveness
- Physical health / wellness
Meeting adjourned at 7:00 pm.
Tagged with: schoolcouncil
SEPAC monthly meeting8:30 am Brookline Town Hall,
Early Dismissal K-812:00 pm
No School:Thanksgiving Vacation
Tweets from RunkleRunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: 8th Grade Graduates say goodbye to all their teachers @RunkleSchool #traditions #tears #wewillmissyouall https://t.co/dsJ…RunkleSchool RT @joboaler: I love this math online game, it combines math, creativity, conceptual thinking & exploration. Try it for yourself! https://t…RunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: Runkle Student-Inspired Pride Parade #yourrunkle #allrwelcome #runkleproud @RunkleSchool https://t.co/mqo33J9CWERunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: Field Day @RunkleSchool was a huge success! Thanks to Student Council!#sadgoodbyes https://t.co/dEzs3sJdU2
- (https://runklepto NULL.org)
RUNKLE NEWS SIGNUP
Order Runkle Gear!Runkle School Webstore (http://www NULL.amerasport NULL.com/RUNKLE-SCHOOL/departments/1754/)
Tweets from TeachersTweets from https://twitter.com/runkletech/lists/runkle-school (https://twitter NULL.com/runkletech/lists/runkle-school)