- In School
- From the Principal
- From the Nurse
- Classroom Websites
- Runkle Technology
- Student Resources
- Student Links
- Teacher Links
- School Council
- After School
PTO Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2011
8:05 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
In attendance: Tamar Petler, Jemelle O’Neill, Jen Reed, Sandy Costello, Emily Dolbear, Thanese Beaumont, Mini Kolluri, Scott Murphy, Rosemary McElroy, Val Godhwani, Vanessa Beauchaine
- Dr. Beauchaine shared ideas on feedback she received on Middle School clubs (funded by PTO) ideas from the kids. Ideas for next year include Improv, Sketch Writing, Cartooning, Glee Club, Dance
- Variety Show to benefit Japan quake relief on 5/19: stage coming from Pierce. School needed 6 parent volunteers – parents on each side of stairs, also to collect donations and sell raffle tickets.
- Book Fair recap: Big success, final numbers not in. Approx. $1,500-$2,000 expected for the Library. Easy scan method of checkout used this year.
- Author visits: Peter Lourie will potentially come back in the Fall for a writing workshop
- Playaways funded by PTO Grants being ordered this week.
- Library will stop checking out books in the Second week of June
Annual Fund Update
- Final numbers: $59,500, 60% participation. Thank you to Sharone Jelden and Val Godhwani, Annual Fund co-chairs.
Upcoming Events: Planning and Volunteers
- Math and Science Night is on May 20. Rosemary McElroy and Ron Rubin coordinators. Ron R. has feelers out for the tables/activities. Food will be served in the cafeteria. Event will run from 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Music and Arts Festival will run May 23-27. Individual and group musical performances, including the chorus, band.
- International Night, June 3
- Spring Food on Wheels, May 22. Emily D. provided overview of event, which is a food donation program for the Brookline pantry, with involvement by children.
- Brookline Teen Center Pizza Evening: Scott M. to coordinate a date with Gwen Ossenfort.
Event Coordinators for Next Year:
- Many candidates for leading events identified, need additional volunteers.
- Recruiting Coffee: Time/location, May 31 or Jun 2
- Enrichment and Challenge Support Coffee, tentatively scheduled for May 26, will now be next year due to ECS resource availability.
- Last coffee of the year is May 26
- Group floated ideas for more social coffees/breakfasts next year
- Tim Green Author visit: Emily D. – PTO donated $750 worth of books in lieu of payment for author Tim Green’s visit. Donation made to McKinley school in Boston
- Astronomy Night: Mini K. – 120 people attended this event for Runkle families at the Clay Center. It was a great event, including a Galileo show, enjoyed by the Runkle families. Ideas for improvements (including making more grade focused) next year to be discussed with the Clay Center director.
- Additional meeting for board to discuss budget in first week of June. Final budget/election meeting towards end of June.
Ideas floated by various board members:
- Service week idea
- Next year – monthly donation program
- Topics for next meeting: conversation for next meeting: cafeteria supervision during lunch
- Brought up by Jen Reed: Event Coordinators need to give quicker response to volunteers on times slotted.
Sepac share: (Thanese Beaumont)
- Chat with Tracy Paradise how to plan events
- Suggestions: Add visual map (for International Night)
- Recipe cards for food, benefiting kids with diet restrictions
- Noise cancellation headphones at events, or earplugs at door.
- Rebecca Kemp has volunteered time out space at events if needed
- Assistant Superintendent of Student Services: Donna Finnegan. Kiersten – Denise Rochland is retiring.
- Walk for Autism at Suffolk Downs
– Submitted by PTO Co-Chairs Mini Kolluri, Sandy Costello, and Emily Dolbear
May 31, 2011
No School:Thanksgiving Vacation
Parent Coffee Information Session8:00 am Runkle Cafeteria
Jenny Murphy, Educational Technology Specialst
Conference Dismissal K-812:40 pm
Tweets from RunkleRunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: 8th Grade Graduates say goodbye to all their teachers @RunkleSchool #traditions #tears #wewillmissyouall https://t.co/dsJ…RunkleSchool RT @joboaler: I love this math online game, it combines math, creativity, conceptual thinking & exploration. Try it for yourself! https://t…RunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: Runkle Student-Inspired Pride Parade #yourrunkle #allrwelcome #runkleproud @RunkleSchool https://t.co/mqo33J9CWERunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: Field Day @RunkleSchool was a huge success! Thanks to Student Council!#sadgoodbyes https://t.co/dEzs3sJdU2
- (https://runklepto NULL.org)
RUNKLE NEWS SIGNUP
Order Runkle Gear!Runkle School Webstore (http://www NULL.amerasport NULL.com/RUNKLE-SCHOOL/departments/1754/)
Tweets from TeachersTweets from https://twitter.com/runkletech/lists/runkle-school (https://twitter NULL.com/runkletech/lists/runkle-school)