- In School
- From the Principal
- From the Nurse
- Classroom Websites
- Runkle Technology
- Student Resources
- Student Links
- Teacher Links
- School Council
- After School
School Council Minutes
The meeting came to order at 4:00 pm
Council members in attendance: Joe Connelly, Ben Chang, Teresa Gallo- Toth, Danielle Halwick, Judy Katz, Rebecca Kemp, Rosemary McElroy, Kayla Myerson, Jennifer Shapiro, Michelle Schweiger, George Sopel, Jim Stoddard, Vanessa Beauchaine.
Members of the public in attendance: Scott Murphy, Sue Sturman
1. The first bullet point of section 5 of the minutes from the April 6, 2010 meeting were modified to read: “greater Autism Awareness among our students beginning at the lower grades” thus. reflecting the Council’s agreement that such an initiative should stand on its own and not be addressed through the 4th grade Understanding Disabilities Unit~
2. The modified minutes Of the April 6, 2010 meeting were accepted.
3. Dr. Connelly outlined the process of completing the Runkle School Improvement Plan, including the first draft which is due to the Superintendent’s office on May 4th, 2010. He presented a status update of the 2009-2010 SIP and anticipated initiatives for the 20 to-2011 SIP, both in outline form. Rosemary McElroy will provide a narrative version of the status update as well as an executive summary of the anticipated initiatives based on these outlines for inclusion in the 2010-2011 SIP.
4. Dr. Connelly led a point-by-point discussion of the working copy of the draft of the SIP.
a. The document will be titled the 2011 Runkle School Improvement Plan, reflecting the fIscal year of the district
b. Under Strategy 1.2 – Michelle Schweiger and Jim Stoddard informed the council that the district expects to complete the full set of Extension Menus to support differentiated instruction within grades 1-5. General agreement that the goal should be to see “extensive use” of the Extension Menus throughout these grades during the 2010-11 school year.
c. Teresa Gallo-Toth asked that future SIPs should “put the same lens to literacy as has been put to math over the last several years.” Jennifer Shapiro added that writing should be a particular focus as well General discussion about putting some language in the current SIP, under Strategy 1.2 about this.
d. General discussion of Critical Friends Groups and how/whether this can be expanded to include more teachers.
Tagged with: schoolcouncil
Early Dismissal K-812:00 pm
No School:Thanksgiving Vacation
No School:Thanksgiving Vacation
Tweets from RunkleRunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: 8th Grade Graduates say goodbye to all their teachers @RunkleSchool #traditions #tears #wewillmissyouall https://t.co/dsJ…RunkleSchool RT @joboaler: I love this math online game, it combines math, creativity, conceptual thinking & exploration. Try it for yourself! https://t…RunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: Runkle Student-Inspired Pride Parade #yourrunkle #allrwelcome #runkleproud @RunkleSchool https://t.co/mqo33J9CWERunkleSchool RT @RunkleVPNews: Field Day @RunkleSchool was a huge success! Thanks to Student Council!#sadgoodbyes https://t.co/dEzs3sJdU2
- (https://runklepto NULL.org)
RUNKLE NEWS SIGNUP
Order Runkle Gear!Runkle School Webstore (http://www NULL.amerasport NULL.com/RUNKLE-SCHOOL/departments/1754/)
Tweets from TeachersTweets from https://twitter.com/runkletech/lists/runkle-school (https://twitter NULL.com/runkletech/lists/runkle-school)